Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Classy, Classic and Green

Every country and city will always have their staple things to see and do. Here in London, as i'm sure you can guess, this list of "classic London" activities is quite long. I have begun to cross of my Londoner to do list and last week I checked off two incredibly British places to visit: Cambridge University and Wimbledon.

If I had been holding a tea cup all week last week, my pinky would be soar from being stuck up in high in the air for you can't help but feel so Britishly fancy at both of these hollowed London gems. Our day at Cambridge began with a journey through the countryside before emerging into this land of sacred halls of knowledge and wisdom. The grounds of Cambridge consist of 29 undergraduate colleges that each individually have their own unique foundation and history. The stories to be told are endless and you can just feel that you are in a place of devout respect of study and intense learning. Cambridge itself is also it's own little village with shopping, restaurants and markets throughout the cobblestone streets. As you can probably imagine I couldn't take enough photos--the architecture and churches are breathtaking and the rolling green grounds are so well kept. Unfortunately for us, London decided to pour down all day so we were rather wet for most of our trip. But we scooped up some "I heart London" sweaters and made our way punting (floating down the river in a boat)

Later in the week, I decided there was one more very British thing I had to do--go to Wimbledon! After constant messages from my dad saying "YOU HAVE TO GO TO WIMBLEDON," I realized he was right (duh) and had to make sure to get there before the championships ended. I went with my roommate Kaleigh and obviously the first thing we did was grab Pimms and lemonade and head over to Murray Hill to watch the action happening in Centre Court on the big screen. The atmosphere at the park was sporty but classy; fun but tame. We strolled the grounds and caught a few lesser ranked matches from the sidelines. The weather was beautiful, everyone was in good spirits and tennis was going strong all around us! If you ever get a chance to be in London during the Wimbledon Championships, make the trip there--it's definitely worth it.

Until later mates,

Jor

P.s. I just got back to London from Italy so stay tuned for that post coming soon!

























No comments:

Post a Comment